Monday, February 6, 2012

Places I Love To See A Show: The Ogden Theatre

There's not a whole lot of concerty things going on around town this week (unless you're up for two whole nights of Widespread Panic at the Fillmore, while I'm not...), so I thought I'd feature one of my favorite venues for concerts around town, the Ogden Theater. Why I like this place:

1. It's charming and it's got character because it was built forever ago.
2. It's an intimate venue but you don't feel like you're standing next to a speaker the entire time you're there.
3. Drinks are decent priced, which is great when you're already  paying for a ticket to get in the door.
4. They get GREAT acts - from local bands to hot touring bands.

The only things that can be (kind of) irritating about seeing a show here:

1. Parking sucks.
2. It can get unbelievably hot in there. But just wear a tank top to compensate, then you don't notice!

No comments:

Post a Comment